1. ABOUT US
We hereby, inform you that we, Mylan (hereinafter “Mylan” or “We”), collect and process your personal data that you voluntarily provide to us through our website/application
2. HOW MYLAN COLLECTS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Mylan is likely to collect your personal data when
- E.g. You complete the data collection form “Contact Us” in “Contact Mylan” section
- E.g. You apply for a job in the “Mylan Career” section by using the following email address intended for recruitment purposes: firstname.lastname@example.org., etc.] or by clicking on a link that redirects to a form to be completed on external websites managed by Mylan’s service providers (e.g. Taleo)
- E.g. You use the following email addresses provided by Mylan for general or specific enquiries (e.g. request personal data, etc.)
- E.g. You communicate with Mylan customer relations team.
- E.g. You respond to surveys
- E.g. You navigate in the websites. Indeed, the websites collect and store personal data that is generated automatically as you use it, including your preferences and anonymous usage statistics. When you visit the websites, we and our third-party service providers receive and record personal data on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, and from cookies and similar technology (see specific section below).
- E.g. You post comments or pictures on our social media pages (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube, etc.)
3. WHY DO WE NEED YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Mylan is likely to collect your personal data because
- You have given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes or
- The processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party; or
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Mylan is subject; or
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, in particular
4. PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED ABOUT YOU
We collect and process the following personal data about you
- E.g. Identification Data such as your first and last name, contact personal data such as email, any photographs, as provided by you etc.
- E.g. Financial Personal data such as price of an application, invoice, bank account personal data, credit card personal data etc.
- E.g. Family related personal data such personal data on family ties (children-parent) as may be required by certain applications.
- E.g. Electronic identification data available on your computer (such as “cookies” or “IP addresses”)
- E.g. Health data such as diseases, medical treatment followed, Mylan products consumed, etc) as provided by you by any relevant Mylan application you may use.
5. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In general, personal data you provide to us is used to
- E.g. to provide and improve our services;
- E.g. to communicate with you;
- E.g. to respond to your request for information;
- E.g. to inform you about our new products and services as well as about job opportunities within Mylan;
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will be retained by Mylan until such time that the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is collected or otherwise processed.
Thus, Mylan applies the following data retention periods
- E.g. Data related to the performance of a service (e.g. use of our applications) or a request of you prior to entering into a service contract with Mylan, is kept for the whole duration of the contract. After the end of the contract, this Data is archived for litigation purposes during the statutory limitation period.
- E.g. Data related to marketing (including newsletters and data related to generic and specific inquiries of yours) is kept for XX years from the last communication Mylan had with you. At the end of this period, Mylan will contact you to know whether you wish to continue receiving communication. In case of a negative answer, or no response from you is received, this Data is archived for litigation purposes during the statutory limitation period.
- E.g. Data related to the recruitment process is kept for XX years from the last communication Mylan had with you. At the end of this period, Mylan will contact you to know whether you wish to continue receiving communication. In case of a negative answer, or no response from you is received, this Data is archived for litigation purposes during the statutory limitation period.
- Mylan applies the following data retention periods applicable to cookies and/or similar technologies used by Mylan
As you visit the website, Mylan is also likely to collect directly through cookies, server logs or or similar technology, personal data from your browser (including your IP address and your preferences), and anonymous usage statistics.
Therefore, we may use the personal data we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes
- e.g. to keep track of your input when filling online forms, shopping carts etc.
- e.g. to identify you once you have logged in
- e.g. to detect authentication abuses
- e.g. to store technical data to play back video or audio content
- e.g. for load-balancing purposes
- e.g. to remember your custom preferences
- e.g. for third party social plug-in content sharing cookies
- e.g. for social plug-in tracking cookies
- e.g. to conduct analytics and market research
- e.g. for online behavioral target advertising
- e.g. to allow third parties to track you for purposes of behavioral advertising, analytics or market research,
As a reminder, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data through cookies. For that purpose, you may disable the installation of cookies by configuring your browser.
Any recent web browsers allow you to change the settings related to cookies. These settings are usually available in the section “Tools”, “options”, “help” or “preferences” in your browser.
8.THE RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Mylan share your personal data with the following categories of recipients:
- E.g. Mylan shares your Personal Data with any relevant Mylan subsidiaries and affiliates, on a need-to-know basis (e.g. share of recruitment data between the recruiting and the mother company etc.)
- Mylan may also share your personal data with third parties under the following conditions:
- E.g. You gave your prior consent to share personal data (for instance, to send you, on the sites and third parties sites, advertising adapted to your preferences);
- E.g. Mylan needs to share such personal data with its service providers acting on our behalf, namely, our technical service providers such as maintenance and hosting providers or dub-processors which supply a service that you have requested (for example, when you apply for a job on the “Mylan Career” section);
- E.g. Mylan receives a request from a judicial authority or any other legally authorized administrative authority asking that such personal data be disclosed in compliance with the laws in force.
9. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
To offer its services, Mylan may need to transfer your personal data to countries other than the country in which the data was originally collected.
Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided that personal data.
Regarding personal data transfers from the Mylan business located in your country, to Mylan N.V. offices located in the U.S.: Mylan N.V. has certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the Department of Commerce and the European Commission regarding the collection, storage, use, transfer, and other processing of personal data transferred from the EEA to the U.S. For more information about the Privacy Shield, or to see our certification, please see https://www.privacyshield.gov/list
Please also note that we may transfer your personal data to [COUNTRY] which has been recognized as a “safe country” in accordance with an adequacy decision of the EU commission.
Regarding personal data transfers from the Mylan business located in your country, to any other Mylan entity or third party provider located in a different country: Mylan puts in place adequate safeguards as defined by the European Commission with respect to the protection of the privacy and fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals, and those individual’s ability to exercise those corresponding rights.
10. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
You have the right to request from Mylan:
- Access to, and rectification or erasure of, personal data
- Restriction of processing of your personal data, or to object to such processing
- Data portability (i.e., to request your personal data, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format).
When the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the following supervisory authority:
To exercise your rights, you can contact us as indicated in the contact personal data section 14, below.
11. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Mylan will use its best efforts to protect your personal data against damage, loss, disclosure, misappropriation, intrusion, alteration, or destruction. To help protect the privacy of data, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We restrict access to your personal data to those who need to know that information to provide benefits or services to you. In addition, we train our employees about privacy.
12. CHILDREN PRIVACY
Mylan does not knowingly collect, maintain or use personal data from children under 16 years old, and no part of the website/application is directed to children under the age of 16.
If you learn that personal data on children under the age of 16 has been collected by a Mylan website/application without consent given or authorised by the holder of parental responsibility over the child, please contact us by using any of the contact information provided within Section 14 of this document.
Children under the age of 16 may use the App [or Website] only if Mylan is provided with the contact details (i.e., email address) of their parent(s) or any holder of parental responsibility over them, and Mylan has received consent from the parent(s) or holder of parental responsibility regarding the processing of the personal data relating to their children who wish to use the App [or Website].
14. CONTACT PERSONAL DATA / QUESTIONS
Mylan has also appointed a Data Protection Officer.
Contact Details of DPO: email@example.com